So I tried to post this in like March or so but I think I posted it to my blog on accident
Assignment 1-POP Proposal
-I’m not really sure what I want to do for this project. I was thinking of doing it at the local park. I want it to be a peaceful, playful feel. I want to film the lake, the playground with children in it and all the surroundings. I really want to get different looking angles. Not just basic head on shots. I want the audience to want to go there. To enjoy the park and want to see what it is all about.
Assignment 3- Film Critique
1. I like the fading in and out. When they show something in the foreground and then in the background. In the very beginning when he zooms into the sign on the fence, it show you where you are and establishes the mood.
2. I didn’t really like the zooming in and out. I feel like it was a little too choppy. The overall video was well put together though.
3. It gave me ideas for different angles, what to look for to film, and if zooming in and out is a good thing.
1. I really liked the different angles he used. I liked how he got them going in the train from the back and the front, down the isle, and the training pulling out of the station.
2. I think it would have been cool to do the whole video about the train. Not adding the dumpster and other elements.
3. It gave me an idea to put motion in the shot without moving the camera instead of moving the camera on something still.
1. I really liked the scene where it was dark and had the light coming in from the window.
2. The only thing I didn’t like was the crickets on the ceiling, kind of grossed me out.
3. It was a creepy feeling so it gave me an idea to maybe make it a little spooky.
Assignment 4-Film Viewing
The Evil Dead
1. Five friends travel to a cabin in the woods, where they unknowingly release flesh-possessing demons.
2. The dutch angle shot is a main shot used in this film.
3. I liked this film. I enjoy horror films a lot so this was entertaining to me. I especially enjoyed the angles of the camera and the editing because it was different than any other film I’ve seen.